I know the biggest objection I hear from people working with me is, “I would love to, but I don’t have the money”. AND I know it is the biggest struggle you have when landing clients, as well. Out of all the objections for people to get the help, support, coaching, or healing they need, money is the biggest. I have spent years working on this and finding ways to coach people into reality. The reality is two things:
- We always have the money to do the things we REALLY want to do, and…
- You always get exactly what you need when you need it.
If you believe Universal Truths of Abundance you will know the money is always there. Now, I do know some people do not know where to look for the money and that is where I have put in a lot of time energy and research. I thought it would be very helpful to share this with you for two reasons:
First, you might be telling yourself you can’t get the support you need because YOU don’t have the money. Maybe this will help.
Secondly, it will help you in speaking to clients who say they don’t have the money.
So, here we go – 10 ways to get the money you need every time!
- Business Loan. There are many small lending institutions (especially locally owned banks) that want to help finance small business as the entrepreneur is doing well in this economy.
- “Business Loan.” This is what I call a job or part time job. I think if you TRULY believe in your dream then you must do whatever necessary to realize that dream. A stream of income will help you go from NEEDING clients to wanting clients. And do not look at it as a job – it is a business loan to fuel your start up.
- 401ks and other investments. Your accountant will probably tell you this is a horrible idea, but I am very grateful I used some of mine as seed money. That money grew into a 7-figure business. I had actually lost quite a bit of it with the craziness in the market and so I became very aware the best investment I could make was an investment in ME. There are even ways to roll the funds into your business with NO penalties.
- Low interest credit cards. We have a really messed up view of credit in this country. Debt has been made to seem evil (I could go on for days about this), but good debt is a very useful tool. Good debt is debt you incur to finance a project or dream and you have a plan to pay it back. You are using it to learn, grow, and develop to bring in revenue from your business. No one really blinks at student loan debt, but we all get nuts when we, say, put a program or mentor on a credit card. What’s the difference? There isn’t – at all! One has just been conditioned by society to be okay.
- Got junk? I have had students (actually right now) finance their dreams by selling gold an ex-husband gave them, putting cool stuff on ebay, or selling a car they no longer wanted or needed. My friend and mentor, David Neagle, first financed his dream by selling a boat. I spent a year selling yard sale finds on ebay to pay for a vacation AND my coaches. See how creative you can get?
- Start NOW! Many of you are waiting to have everything perfect or in place to get clients and make money. I guarantee you know enough now to start working with people. Maybe you will have an introductory rate or special for the first 5 clients you work with, but there is no need to wait. You can start making money now!
- Friends and Family. Many times friends and family are happy to help and will charge you a much lower interest or no interest. Richard Branson has made this very easy – he has created a program that helps friends and family create loans and have tracking, accountability, and make them professional and organized. He calls them social loans.
- Make a change. Look at your full budget and spending – I have never seen one person or family that didn’t have something they could tweak to find money for their business. Is there a tweak that could be made to your daily spending? Hobby spending? Where is there waste in your weekly budget? It can be amazing how easy it is to find $100 or more a week with small changes.
- Apply for a home equity line of credit. Some banks offer home equity lines of credit that let you borrow up to as much as 85% of the appraised value of your home. Depending on the value of your home and what you still owe in other mortgages, that can put a significant chunk of money at your disposal for starting your business. The downside: you’re putting your home at risk. This is not an option for everyone, but it is a great option for some. Always understand your risk and all the details.
- Make the decision. You or your clients do not need the money for coaching /mentoring/support until they make the decision to get support and play a bigger game. Anything is possible when you make a decision. Many people think they have made a decision, but here are the facts. A decision is ONLY when there are no other options. There is no failure or stopping buckets to put your balls in. You do whatever it takes. And you will get the support you need to make it happen.
The universe is waiting to fund your dream! The money is already here!
Suzanne Evans is the tell-it-like-it-is, no fluff boss of business building and founder of Suzanne Evans Coaching, LLC. www.suzanneevans.org