Looking for some great quotes and movie trivia to impress your family and friends this Christmas Eve?
Here is our list of the 10 best Christmas quotes from some of your favorite holiday films.
- “Every time you hear a bell ring, it means that some angel’s just got his wings. Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” — Clarence Oddbody (the angel) in It’s a Wonderful Life
- “Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know … the birth of Santa.” — Bart Simpson in The Simpson’s Christmas
- “Christmas snow can never disappear completely. It sometimes goes away for almost a year at a time and takes the form of spring and summer rain. But you can bet your boots that when a good, jolly December wind kisses it, it will turn into Christmas snow all over again.” — Santa Claus in Frosty the Snowman
- “If we don’t fail sometimes, our successes don’t mean anything. You must be strong.” — Sister Mary Benedict (Ingrid Bergman) in The Bells of St. Mary
- “Charlie, stay away from those things. They’re reindeer, you don’t know where they’ve been. They all look like they’ve got key lime disease.” — Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) in The Santa Clause
- “Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind … and that’s what’s been changing. That’s why I’m glad I’m here; maybe I can do something about it.” — Kris Kringle (Edmund Gwenn) in Miracle on 34th Street
- “Okay, this is extremely important. Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back?” — Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) in Home Alone
- “I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!” — Ralphie (Peter Billingsley) in A Christmas Story
- “Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren’t a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?” — Charlie Brown in It’s a Charlie Brown Christmas
- “The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.” Buddy the Elf (Will Ferrell) in Elf
Diane Waters is an avid blogger who enjoys sharing her thoughts on family issues, cooking, entertaining, traveling, and pets. She lives in Mesa, Arizona with her two daughters and husband as well as her two dogs and a cat. She believes every day is an adventure and every moment is to be cherished.