It’s time to take a break from all the hustle and bustle and play some reindeer games with a little holiday trivia.
If I were to say to you, “Daddy, teacher says every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings,” you’d instantly think of the movie “It’s A Wonderful Life.” Right?
The same can be said for Christmas music. Those cute little melodies will drive you nuts by Christmas Day, but you can’t help but feel the spirit every time your hear them.
Let’s see how well you know your Christmas movies and music. Grab yourself a cup of cocoa, some paper and a pencil and take the holiday trivia quiz.
You get one point for each correct answer (the correct answers can be found by clicking the link below).
Don’t cheat! Santa will know if you do.
Guess the correct Christmas song for each of these lyrics:
- “Slip a sable under the tree for me. I’ve been an awful good girl.”
- “He’s making a list. And, checking it twice.”
- “With Every Christmas card I write.”
- “And if you ever saw him, you would even say it glows.”
- “Santa won’t make me happy with a toy on Christmas Day.”
- “You don’t need ‘deck the halls’ or ‘jingle bell rock,’ cause you can spin the dreidl with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock.”
- “It doesn’t show signs of stopping, and I brought some corn for popping.”
- “Please have snow and mistletoe, And presents on the tree.
Guess the correct movie for each of these quotes:
- “I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!” “No, you’ll shoot your eye out!”
- “Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?”
- “SANTA! Oh my God. Santa, here? I know him. I know him.”
- “You’re soft! You’re sloppy! You’re unruly! You’re undisciplined … and I never saw anything look so wonderful in my whole life.”
- “Charlie, stay away from those things. They’re reindeer, you don’t know where they’ve been. They all look like they’ve got key lime disease.”
- “Christmas carolers. I hate Christmas carolers. Screeching voiced, little glue-sniffers. … I warned you, you brats!”
- “You’re calling me a freak?” “No, I’m calling you a product of baboon lovin.’”
- “You guys give up, or are you thirsty for more?”
- “Christmas just doesn’t work out for me. It never has.”
- “Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to. Don’t you see? It’s not just Kris that’s on trial, it’s everything he stands for. It’s kindness and joy and love and all the other intangibles.”
- “You’re skipping Christmas! Isn’t that against the law?”
- “Lets see, we’ve got a munkle for your uncle, a fant for your aunt and a fandpa for your cousin Leon.”
Bonus questions (one point for each)
- Bonus 1: How many lights were on Clark Griswald’s home in National Lampoon’s “Christmas Vacation”?
- Bonus 2: In what city did Kevin McAlister live?
- Bonus 3: What is the top-selling Christmas song of all time?
For Answers and More: Continue Reading