Where’s me pot o’ gold? Looking for some fun activities to do with your kids this St. Patrick’s Day weekend?
If so, FamilyFun Magazine has some crafty ideas to keep your little leprechauns entertained.
Pictured below are swinging shamrocks – easy to make and a festive way to celebrate the holiday!
- Cardboard tubes
- Green paint
- Fishing line/string
- Cut four half-inch rings from a flattened cardboard tube, then cut through one of the folds on each ring.
- For three of the rings, bend and glue the two ends to form a heart-shaped leaf.
- Fold the fourth ring into a triangular stem and glue the ends together.
- Glue the stem between two leaves, then glue on the third.
- Paint the shamrock green. When it’s dry, hang it with fishing line or string.
Over the Veggie Rainbow
- Small bowl
- Dip of choice (we used guacamole)
- Bell peppers – various colors
- Fill a small bowl with dip.
- Slice four long strips of bell peppers in various colors and arrange them as shown.
- Cut two small cauliflower clouds, skewer each with a toothpick, then position one on each side of the peppers.
- Place sliced carrot coins beside the bowl for the leprechaun’s pot of gold.