What is BodyMedia FIT?
Your body talks. We listen.
The BodyMedia FIT system gives you highly accurate information on calories burned – the most accurate in the market.* Clinical study resultsshow it can improve weight loss up to 3x!
BodyMedia FIT is an on-body monitoring system that consists of the BodyMedia FIT Armband monitor, online Activity Manager,** an optional Display and free downloadable apps for mobile device users. BodyMedia FIT Armbands automatically track the calories burned during your daily activities, works as a fitness monitor to measure the intensity of your workouts and monitors the quality of your sleep, an important factor in weight loss. The information tracked can easily be managed with BodyMedia’s online Activity Manager. Just add in the easy-to-use food log and you have the right information to improve your weight loss.
Why is BodyMedia FIT important to today’s fitness conscious consumer?
- BodyMedia FIT armbands bring fitness results to a new level by tracking calories burned, physical activity, steps taken, sleep duration AND sleep efficiency. The more information the consumer has, the better able they are to monitor, adjust and succeed at their weight-loss or fitness goals. The Activity Monitor of BodyMedia FIT allows user to log foot intake to see daily calories taken in, daily caloric expenditure and the balance between these two, which a key component of fitness and achieving a healthy weight. Personalized feedback is also provided by the BodyMedia FIT coach, allowing the fitness conscious consumer detailed statistics about their own activity.
Describe BodyMedia FIT in a nutshell.
- BodyMedia FIT is a wearable armband as well as online monitoring system to track weight loss as well as fitness activity.
How can people benefit from using BodyMedia FIT?
- BodyMedia FIT provides detailed and accurate monitoring that allows users to see where they can improve upon their fitness and lifestyle goals. Behavioral changes can be made when users are provided with comprehensive information on their health.
What advice can you provide for people that are interested in applying this product to their lifestyle?
- The system works best when used around-the-clock and over longer periods of time. There is an adjustment period needed to allow the most accurate information for each individual’s needs.
Feel free to add anything else our readers would like to know.
BodyMedia FIT is the only wearable fitness-tracking monitor that is also a registered FDA-registered medical device. BodyMedia FIT has patented sensors that detect: skin temperature, heat flux, motion and galvanic response, these sensors allow for accurate fitness monitoring that has been used in over 100 clinical research studies.
How BodyMedia FIT Works
Just tracking steps isn’t enough.
To lose weight, it takes more than just calorie counting. It’s important to have an accurate picture of your calorie burn. Using four sophisticated sensors, the Armband captures over 5,000 data points per minute — from heat and sweat to steps and calories burned — every minute of every day. If you take a walk, most body monitors (ours included) show a level of calorie burn. Take that same walk up Mt. McKinley or any incline and we’ll show you a higher calorie burn. BodyMedia FIT isn’t just calorie counting, it captures that important difference because our sensors measure more variables and give you the most accurate calorie burn.*
Data doesn’t mean squat unless you can use it.
BodyMedia FIT makes it easy to commit to a weight loss plan. Just plug the unit into your computer’s USB port each day to automatically upload info. Then simply log the food you ate via your computer or mobile device, and our exclusive Activity Manager** tool gives you a running report of progress toward your goals. This includes steps taken, time spent in moderate and vigorous activity, nutritional analysis and sleep efficiency, as well as any personal bests. And with the Bluetooth®-enabled LINK Armband, you can get near real-time updates of your stats with the BodyMedia FIT App.
The Activity Manager – a dashboard of your day
Upload your data to your computer where the online Activity Manager analyzes raw data, allows you to log food and presents info in an easy-to-understand way so you can track your progress. The BodyMedia FIT Activity Manager, our exclusive online tool, helps you learn about your individual calorie intake, personal sleep information and the intensity of your workouts. By analyzing that data, you can manage and track fitness and weight loss progress. The system allows you to enter your personal body parameters, provides you with FIT coach feedback, and guides you to your goals. Then you will have a running report on progress toward goals, including calorie burn, steps taken, time spent in moderate and vigorous activity, nutritional analysis and sleep efficiency – all while tracking your personal bests.
*in the market, data on file
**Subscription required. The Armband does not display information on its own; rather it works in conjunction with the online Activity Manager.
How the BodyMedia FIT armband works is that it combines all these steps and features to work as the ultimate personal fitness monitor. It isn’t just a calorie tracker, weight loss calculator or exercise monitor. Our unique design and sensitive sensors work together to make it a complete on body monitor that helps you stay on track with your personal weight loss plan and exercise programs.
Why an Armband?
Our founders were committed to make a device that could accurately predict calorie burn AND be comfortable to wear. They determined that skin contact was the only way to get enough biometric readings to accurately predict calorie burn. It is this skin to sensor contact that helps us unlock secrets of the body.
In creating the first BodyMedia device, the team settled on using four sensors and realized that each sensor had certain body areas where it delivered the most valuable raw data. So they mapped the human body first for comfort zones and second to identify those areas where a wearable body computer provided usable, accurate readings from ALL FOUR of our sensors.
There are some distinct advantages to having an Armband with on-body sensors. Unlike some products that clip to your clothes or attach to your keychains, an Armband is virtually impossible to lose or accidentally throw in the washing machine. Plus, since it is on-body it can’t give you credit for movement when your device is attached to your workout clothes in a gym bag on your car seat. Finally, since the device is on your upper arm — it’s very easy to hide (if you want to) under your shirt, jacket or sweater.
Prospective users sometimes ask if the Armband is comfortable to wear. The answer is YES. We have done studies to verify its comfort and wearability. The Armband is kind of like a wedding band. You may notice it when you first get married, but it doesn’t take long to forget that it’s even there.
And if you forget it one day — you may feel like you’re naked without it.
When your body talks, BodyMedia listens. BodyMedia has been unlocking and deciphering secrets of the body since 1999. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, BodyMedia is the pioneer in developing and marketing wearable body monitors that equip consumers with information they can use to make sweeping changes to their own health and wellness beginning with weight management and soon to include management of other conditions affected by lifestyle choices. The BodyMedia platform is the only system of its kind that is registered with the FDA as a Class II medical device and that has been clinically proven to enhance users’ weight loss by up to three times.
Our Mission and Values
We unlock and decipher the body’s secrets. We put that information directly into the hands of individuals… empowering them to improve their lives.
Our Core Values
- We are driven by the belief that our work helps people change their lives for the better.
We respect our users and support their desires to improve their lives. We embrace the responsibility to give them the tools they need to succeed. And we are motivated by the fact that we are advancing healthcare – one person at a time.
- We do our best work when we are surrounded by diverse people who share our passion.
In many corporations everyone looks alike, thinks alike, acts alike. We see huge value in assembling people with different backgrounds, different life experiences, and different viewpoints. From these differences comes unique problem-solving and creative solutions. And even with these differences, a common thread runs through each and every one of us – it is the intense passion we all feel for the work that we do.
- We believe in approaching every situation with a philosophy of continuous invention.
We work in an ambiguous environment. No clear paths lead us to our destination. Many people would be afraid of such uncertainty, but we embrace it. That’s because we are intensely curious. We continuously ideate, explore, invent, and improve. We make things better – one step at a time. This continuous invention becomes our compass and helps us navigate through the ambiguity that surrounds us.
- We don’t shy away from obstacles.
We’re creating a new industry and regularly encounter bumps in the road. No problem. We’ll do whatever it takes to overcome these issues. Sometimes we’ll be persistent and tenacious; other times we’ll be flexible and resilient. We’ll pick the tactic to address the situation at hand. And we’ll learn from the experience to help us succeed the next time too.
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
We love what we do and are jazzed to come to work each day. We genuinely enjoy the people we work with. Sure we challenge bureaucracy, hierarchy, and formality but we do that to keep the organization fresh and to focus on the important stuff.
- Our Products will be the catalyst that will revolutionize the quality and longevity of people’s lives around the world. We will be a leader of this global movement in which people will take responsibility to improve and to maintain their own health.
- Our Simple Solutions will put actionable information into the hands of our users to make these people healthier and happier.
- Our Users will see our products as their most trusted, most used, and most valued companion for leading a healthy and fulfilled life.
- Our Company will measure success not only in financial milestones but also in how we’ve changed the way people take care of themselves.