The 5 Essential Skills your child must have to be successful in school are:
1. Organization: Students must possess the ability to have the right materials, in the right place, at the right time. Disorganization severely limits a child’s opportunity to learn.
2. Time Management: Students must plan and meet deadlines, as this is critical for test preparation and the completion of projects/homework/papers.
3. Speaking/Listening: Students must know how to ask the right questions AND listen for the answers. This is essential for learning and advocating for one’s self.
4. Note Taking: Students must know how to best format notes and capture information. This is important because 80% of information comes directly from the teacher.
5. Studying for Tests: Students must understand studying for a test does NOT begin the night before. Studying for tests is easier than you think and is critical for success.
A study done by Ohio State University proved students were up to 600% more like to graduate from college when they possessed these skills. But the question is HOW does one go about learning these skills?
The SOAR Learning & Soft Skills App teaches all of these skills in an engaging, online course.
This is a self-directed online course that your student can take wherever and whenever they like on any internet enabled device (PC, Mac, iPad, etc.).
Exclusively for our friends at HowToLearn.com, we are excited to offer 3 Scholarships for the SOAR Learning and Soft Skills App (online course)!
Register by September 1 HERE.
Students from 3,700+ schools in the United States and 30 other countries worldwide have already discovered success with the SOAR Curriculum, making it the #1 Study Skills Curriculum in the world. Now you can too!
The SOAR Learning & Soft Skills App Scholarships is valued are for $124.99 each. But now, through this scholarship, your child could access it for free now, so apply HERE.
Susan Kruger, M.Ed. is a certified learning specialist and former struggling student. She was shocked when she simplified a few study skills in college – and graduated with a 3.9 GPA! Since then, she’s taught thousands of students how to get the same sense of accomplishment and confidence with study skills. Susan is the author of the international best-selling book, SOAR Study Skills, Education Expert for ADDitude Magazine, Premier Instructor for The Learning Annex, and developer of the break-through model, The Brain Circuit™. In 2014, she was the 1st-place winner of the Oakland County Executive’s “Elite 40 Under 40” award. Microsoft Partners in Learning University has called her a “Global Expert in Education Innovation.” Her curriculum materials are used by over 3,700 schools nationwide and are in 30 countries worldwide. She’s married to a fellow educator and mom to two dynamic children with ADHD and dyslexia.