National School Choice Week is held every January, across the nation. This week, it will be held from January 23-28. The effort shines a positive and non political spotlight in education options for every child, and raises public awareness of different education options for children. Choices include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling.
This week, events across the United States will include:
• 21,392 total events across all 50 states
• 16,777 schools of all types holding events
• 2,159 homeschool groups holding events
• 1,258 chambers of commerce holding events
• More than 600 governors, mayors and county leaders issuing School Choice Week proclamations
• Rallies and special events held at 25 state capitol buildings
How do you evaluate which school choice is right for your child? How do you find out what choices are available to you? School choice varies by city, county, and school district. Being informed leads to empowerment. Find out about how to get started, and what is available to you with this guide from National School Choice Week.