Would you like to be a co-author in our new book?
HowToLearn.com is looking for contributors for our new book,
101 Great Ways to Make Everyday Life With Autism Easier:
Real Life Solutions You Can Use Right Now
Do you have expertise in autism and the ability to offer families very practical tips to make their life easier?
Pat Wyman, CEO of HowToLearn.com is the best selling author of several books, and has been a contributing author in two previous books on autism, one of which won IPPY book of the year in the medicine category.
You will be a contributing author in this new book with well-known experts such as Eric Chessen author of Autism Fitness and the PAC Profile, Frank Barnhill, M.D. who specializes in ADHD and Autism, Kathy Seifert, Ph.D. best selling author and expert on bullying, Marcia Y. Cantarella, Ph.D., former Dean of Princeton University and author of I Can Finish College, Bonnie Terry, M.Ed., BCET, author of Five Minutes To Better Reading Skills, Pat Wyman and many others.
You have the option of writing one or more chapters, each of which is 900 words or less based on practical tips solving one piece of the autism puzzle and making everyday life easier for families who have children or adults with autism.. You will have a short bio at the end of your chapter (100 words or less) which includes your website to give your business additional exposure.
Chapters included in the book have two primary goals. The first is to provide quality content to help families who have a child or adult with autism and the second is to give substantial exposure to each of our authors.
The book project is moving along quickly and we expect the book to be at the printer by the end of July, 2011.
Would you like to learn more about this project and the process or how to become a contributing co-author?
Please contact us and request more information. Tell us how you can provide advice on the following the topics – or on other topics in which you have expertise:
Chapters are needed on the following topics:
- Health and Nutrition
- Bullying and How To Prevent It
- Finishing College
- Social Skills
- Everyday Tasks
- Family Relationships
- Biomedical Treatment Possibilities
- Gifts and Talents
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- ADHD and Autism
- Unique Tips and Solutions You Created
- Infant Testing for Autism
- Grandparents and Autism
- Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- Visual Skills
- School or College
- Other topics to be added
We have created a program to guarantee extensive exposure for all authors in the book:
- Each author has one or more of their own chapters, with a short 100 word or less bio at the end with the address/es of their primary websites.
- Articles should be up to 900 words for each chapter plus a short bio at the end. The article need not be new material, but must be your own content and reflect your work in the field of autism.
- The bio is positioned directly in the chapter to allow for maximum exposure and to further generate leads and web traffic for the author’s business.
- We will promote the book in several ways. First, we will actively promote the book to our 250,000 subscribers, and you will promote the book to your subscriber list as well. The retail cost for the book is $19.95.
- To get the program started, we ask each of our authors to purchase a small amount of books at a significant discount.
- Authors in the book may resell the book (making a significant profit, give it away to clients or put it as a bundle with other products adding value as a book credit. Each author is listed as a co-Author and your name appears on the back cover of the book in alphabetical order, along with your website.
Due to the fast-moving pace of this project and the need for help for families in the autism community, we request that you submit your chapters by June 20, 2011 in order to give the layout editor time to assemble the book for print in late May. We ask that you sign a very short agreement giving us the right to highlight or republish your article, or a portion of it, keeping your bio intact in order to promote your information and business further.
If you are interested in participating in this book project, please contact us and let us know. As soon as we receive your name, website, preliminary title of your chapter, and bio, we will contact you with more information to review all the details of the program. Please include your telephone number as well.
The contact information you send to use is not a formal contract and does not obligate you to do anything. It is only your way of requesting additional information on this project.
We look forward to hearing from you on this very worthwhile project for the autism community.
Pat Wyman, CEO, HowToLearn.com